Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Party Planning: Gender Reveal

So, I'm too much of a control freak to let someone else know what Little is before we do. 
We will hopefully find out on November 10th, although I would be 100% okay if she tells us tomorrow at our appointment. 

My first step was finding how we were going to reveal Little's gender. 
Jackson wanted to incorporate pumpkins, so our theme is "Our Little Pumpkin"
We are going to have a large white pumpkin painted with question marks, and a pink or blue pumpkin hidden inside. 

Then I had to pick our color scheme. Baby blue is and has always been my least favorite color, and paired with baby pink, it makes it look like we are throwing a cotton candy party. So I settled on Navy and light pink with baby blue accents. 



We have about 30 people coming, so we have two round tables with Navy tablecloths and two with pink tablecloths. We have a navy tablecloth on our pumpkin table, and the pumpkin will be sitting on a stump surrounded by cupcakes. 

Two centerpieces will be vases filled with pink and blue spray painted mini pumpkins, and two will have pine cones with the edges dipped in blue and pink paint. Each will have it's own white pumpkin, too because I can't think of anything else to take up table space

I have a chalkboard done with all of our wives tales. We have 5 that come out to boy, and 5 for girl. We will have little clothespins for everyone to decide what they think Little is! 

Of course we couldn't not feed people, so we will cater barbecue, chips, beans, and potato salad. 

And our party favors, of course, will be pumpkin themed. Any suggestions would be welcome!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you guys! I do my best to respond to all comments! If you have any questions, feel free to send me an e-mail directly to littlehineyhome@gmail.com. :) I look forward to hearing from you!