Friday, May 12, 2017

I never want to forget...

I found this in my drafts; I wrote it the Saturday before we were induced. I figured I would go ahead and publish it to keep forever. After all, there is only one first baby, first pregnancy, first everything that comes with it.
As this pregnancy comes to an end, there are a handful of things I never want to forget.  This was the longest wait of our lives, because we found out at 3 weeks 5 days.  It was worth every second to be here. 

I never want to forget the feeling of seeing that faint line on the first test.  It didn't matter to me that Jackson couldn't see it (it was 5:45am after all.) or that I had to go buy different tests to confirm to myself I wasn't seeing things.  I never want to forget the feeling of the shaky hands, uncontrollable smiling, and the inability to wait to tell Jackson... so much so that I texted him a picture of the new test. I will never live that down. haha. 

I never want to forget how surreal it was for the first couple of weeks.  We tried for a year, with no success, and then boom. We were going to have a baby.  I never want to forget the countless times a day we would say to each other "We're having a baby" or "You're going to be a Mommy or Daddy!"

I never want to forget what it felt like to find Remington's heartbeat on Jackson's birthday for the first time.  We looked and listened for hours to find him and then all of a sudden, there was the little galloping horse noise on our doppler that made our hearts stop. I also never want to forget what it felt like to see that our Little was a boy on my birthday.  I had a feeling he was, but had been convincing myself it may be a girl just in case.  I will never forget crying and seeing the look of pride on Jackson's face.  

I never want to forget what our first ultrasound felt like.  I prepared myself for the worst, and there was our fighter, with his heart thumping away as healthy as could be.  And I will never forget the way Jackson looked at me... it was the same way he looked at me as I walked down the aisle toward him. 

I never want to forget what it feels like to be kicked, punched, prodded, and used as a jungle gym.  There are no words to really tell anyone what it feels like, but it's incredible. 
 
I never want to forget how low the lows felt, and how far Remington pulled me. Getting pregnant with him two months after Dad died was bittersweet for sure.  I was in a low spot, and knowing there was a poppyseed sized baby depending on me pulled me through. 

Little baby, you are so loved. We can't wait to meet you this week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you guys! I do my best to respond to all comments! If you have any questions, feel free to send me an e-mail directly to littlehineyhome@gmail.com. :) I look forward to hearing from you!