Monday, December 15, 2014

Meet Our Tree

I had been looking forward to the day after Thanksgiving for months.
I got our little 6-foot cashmere tree on sale for $12 after Christmas at Walgreens last year.
Our little tree had been stored in my room at my parents' house for almost a whole year before we brought him to our little abode.  We have such little space and so many pieces of furniture, we had no idea where we'd put him.  After shuffling furniture, we found the perfect spot for him.
 
We couldn't decide on a theme for our ornaments, so I had to make an executive decision one day while "killing time" in Hobby Lobby.  Black and Gold for Vandy, it was! In between the black and gold, there are sentimental ornaments.  Dad and I cleared out all of the family Christmas ornaments last year, and my sister and I went through to pick ones we wanted to keep.  I picked my first Christmas ornament, and some odds and ends that were my favorites to put on the tree every year.  
 
I also added the ornament that Jackson and I acquired in Savannah on our Honeymoon
 
(Forgive the awful-ness that is the webcam photo quality)
 
We added the Alumni ornament his mama bought him last year
(The back of this one is signed by Phil Ponder!) 
 
There is another ornament from his mama last year to the both of us
 
And then there's this guy... our newest addition:
 
I posted this picture on Instagram on Thursday night and got a ton of questions about it. 
It was so so simple, and totally Pinspired. 
 
All you need is sand, a clear glass ornament, some shells, and a piece of paper for a funnel (I guess you could use an actual funnel...).  I bought a metal, hand-stamped tag (etsy) to use as the explanation (you know, so when I'm 90, I'll remember why there's sand on our tree). I used hot glue to plug the metal hanger so no sand falls out while it's in storage. 
 
Note to self: get a bigger tree. There are too many ornament ideas out there for our little baby tree to hold!!

1 comment:

  1. Our colors are silver & Gold! We pretty much only have nice ornaments on our tree!! I love how pretty they look :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you guys! I do my best to respond to all comments! If you have any questions, feel free to send me an e-mail directly to littlehineyhome@gmail.com. :) I look forward to hearing from you!