Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Planning An Engagement Party

Remember when I announced that my best friend is getting married?!
 
I took on the duty of throwing her an engagement party.  No one should have to wait until the next year to start enjoying wedding festivities.  She isn't getting married until October 2016, and I didn't want her engagement to go to anyone's back burner. 
Two words came to mind when I thought of a party motif: Sunflowers and Gingham. September is still summer in Nashville, so I didn't want to make it too fall-y. Acorns and Pinecones feel like sealing the decoration deal, but I'm thinking Pumpkins will be a little too much.  I've found some great deals (AKA: Dollar Tree) on faux sunflowers to make centerpieces. I'm thinking we'll string lights and paper lanterns around the top of a pavillion at a park. Cornhole is a must, too.  We'll have a Wedding Hashtag Contest (I'm thinking I'll win with #ShutUpAndDanceWithGhee), a "He Said, She Said" game, and maybe some cute table games like Wedding related Mad-Libs.
 
My favorite thing so far is a wooden monogram I ordered them that matches Ours that we used as a guestbook for our wedding.  I plan to use it as their guest book. It'll be a party of 25 or so, so there will be space to write short notes on it, too. Here's my inspiration so far:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you guys! I do my best to respond to all comments! If you have any questions, feel free to send me an e-mail directly to littlehineyhome@gmail.com. :) I look forward to hearing from you!