Friday, February 10, 2017

Our Week: 33 and counting!

1. 
Following Monday's visit to our specialist, we got to take a trip to Vandy to their pediatric cardiac unit so a specialist could take some time with his heart.  Our sonographer spent 45 minutes, took over 160 pictures and videos, and laughed with and talked to us the whole time.  She was phenomenal.  So we then went into the consultation with the cardiac specialist, and she walked in and said, "I believe I have great news to share with you today." I cried tears of relief and thankfulness.  She went through picture by picture, explaining what we were looking at.  She said that each chamber, each valve, and each ventricle looked great, and that she did not think she'd be seeing us again.  
I cannot say enough about this hospital. I hadn't been in there since my sister was a baby, but it is amazing. You walk in, and if you're a child, you would have no idea you were at the hospital.   Although I'm an adult and was scared out of my mind for my baby boy, it eased my fear. 
(via)

2. 
My new medicine has my blood sugars where they should be unless I have to chug soda to get rid of the headaches it causes.  
 
3. 
We hired a nanny!! She will start in July after Jackson's mama keeps Remington for the first 6 weeks after I go back to work. She's really sweet, kinda quirky, and has great experience with newborns (which he won't be, but he'll still be new-ish).  I found her on care.com after a month of people telling me they charged $600 a week for childcare. Insert eyeroll here.  She'll keep him until we have a spot in a daycare, but we are excited to have her!! 

4. 
Remington is measuring 3 weeks ahead! She joked with us and asked if we for sure knew that our due date was the 26th and not the 6th of march. haha. We shall see what my doctor says next week about him!! 

5. 
I FINALLY have a Saturday with no plans. No cleaning, no family plans, nothing. I'm so pumped! 

3 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you received a good report on baby Remington's heart!!

    Have a great weekend!

    Chels @ Red Velvet Rooster

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you guys! I do my best to respond to all comments! If you have any questions, feel free to send me an e-mail directly to littlehineyhome@gmail.com. :) I look forward to hearing from you!