Winter Checklist!
Fall is usually our busiest time of year, so we hardly got to anything on our checklist.
It didn't help that Nashville turned to Arendelle in early November (thank you to all of the tiny children dressed as Elsa for Halloween... Thank you...) and then warmed back up. It was way too hard to plan outdoorsy things.
Go camping
Decorate!!
Go to a pumpkin patch
Carve Pumpkins
Take fall pictures
Make soup or chili every week
Go to the zoo
Bonfires
Friendsgiving
Don't get me wrong... I love Fall, but Winter may be my numero uno... I love the cold. I love vests and scarves and coats... I love hot chocolate and staying inside. So...Since it's now December....Here's our Winter Checklist (With a couple already crossed off):
Put up our tree and decorate it the day after Thanksgiving
My family always got very busy right around Christmas, and some years, our tree wasn't up until two days before Christmas. I want to start traditions like this that will carry into our family when kids are here.
Make our Traditions Lists
Since we were on the topic of traditions... It would be so much fun to make a list of our traditions growing up to see which ones we want to keep a part of our family!!
Go see the Opryland Christmas lights on December 23rd
December 23 is the day Jackson and I got engaged. Opryland is our favorite, most memorable place to go at Christmas time. It's where we had our first date, where took prom pictures as the Nashville flood was happening, it's where we got engaged, and it's our tradition
Build a Gingerbread House
This is something I don't think I've ever done!!
Get Matching Pajamas for Christmas Eve wearing!
I know. This is probably going to really embarrass Jackson, but I want to carry on this tradition from my childhood. We used to get new, matching PJs Christmas Eve so we would wake up all cute on Christmas morning.
Go to the Jellystone Christmas Drive-Through Light Show
We say, every year, this is something we will do. It's been going for over five years, so it is definitely time to go!
Slow Down and Enjoy
It's so so so easy to get wrapped up in all of the things that have to get done that I forget how much fun everything really is.
Take More Pictures
I'm always so so busy in the middle of everything that I forget to take pictures, then I'm kicking my tail for not taking more pictures! I'll find that balance soon. :)
Invest in Christmas Decor
This being our first Christmas on our own, married, in our own home... we realized we have zero Christmas decorations. We still need stockings and a tree skirt! And little knick-knacks to sit around. :)
This sounds like SO much fun!!! Can I join in with you guys on some of this?! ;) good luck with everything! I like winter, just hate being cold!!
ReplyDelete