Thursday, February 19, 2015

20 Things to do When You're Iced in for Days

I'm sure those of you who live in the south-ish have felt the woes of Icemageddon that hit early
 Monday morning.  I was already out for Presidents' Day, but was stuck home on Tuesday. Jackson was stuck home on Monday (without pay! Yay!) and Tuesday. 
How in the world did we pass time in 631 square feet for days?!  
Here, let me tell you.
Watched Horns on Netflix (totally weird, but great movie)
Pretended we're figure skaters on the ice outside
Did all of our laundry
Painted my fingernails and toenails. Twice.
Scraped all the ice off of both of our cars.
Went through clothes and gave away what I didn't wear
Did a lot of online shopping
Painted with my Valentines watercolors
Organized every drawer in our home
Uploaded the rest of all of my pictures to Shutterfly
Cleaned out the pantry
Fed the birds bread from our balcony
Took pictures of all of the ice around our complex
Caught up on all of our shows like How to get Away With Murder and Better Call Saul
Cooked dinner together
Searched for haircuts on Pinterest and decided on one
Ordered the cutest ankle boots
... and a really cute dress
Cleaned every appliance in the kitchen
Made a list of things to put in a care box for my best friend. 
All in all, I realized being stuck is what you make it.  How have you all fared this winter weather?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you guys! I do my best to respond to all comments! If you have any questions, feel free to send me an e-mail directly to littlehineyhome@gmail.com. :) I look forward to hearing from you!