Monday, February 23, 2015

Weekending!

Our weekend was one for the books for sure, mostly thanks to the weather I hated so much last week! 
I got off work early on Friday because of the incoming snow. It didn't look bad, so I decided to go to Dad's.  Bad call. I got most of the way there before I started sliding on the ice that hadn't melted.  The traction control in my new car (and this being the first winter I've had it) scared me to death.  It starting beeping and flashing and my car came to a complete stop. I finally found the clear road again and got all the way to Dad's before getting stuck in the ice on their street. My car wouldn't drive, it wouldn't reverse, and it was awful. I finally found the yard and was able to park there. I was there for an hour or so and for some reason I decided to look out the window. I couldn't tell where there was street and where the ice was, so I went ahead and came home before it got worse. Jackson's best man came over and we decided to sled down our awesome hills in our apartment complex. 
You can see our tracks from our sledding.
Look how small the jungle gym is for reference on how high up we were.
 Aside from the awesome bruise on my hip and hitting a bump that made me flip and fall on my head (and Jackson's awful back pain), it was the coolest thing I've ever done! Jackson and Byron got some pretty awesome air, too.  Byron got stuck here because of the ice and snow, so he stayed over! Can we just talk about how much more fun sleepovers are when you're adults and it's your best friend? They're the bomb, in case you've never tried it. 
Saturday, I got up early because it was Byron's birthday and made bacon, omelettes, and cinnamon rolls! He stayed long enough to watch the Vanderbilt basketball game which was enough time for the rain to turn the ice to sludge.  I ventured out to the grocery after he left because we were out of everything (milk, eggs, bread... snow essentials, you know!). I also ran into my first set of Girl Scouts and scored some Trefoils. After being caught in a tsunami, I made it home to watch Despicable Me and Wreck It Ralph. 
Sunday, church was delayed because the parking lot was still an ice rink. We went to church at 11, went to Jackson's parents' house, then came home. We scored free pizza for dinner, and let's be real, that's the best kind of pizza. We settled in to watch The Walking Dead and The Oscars and then turned in early. 

Schools are out again today, so I'm rolling into work late (because it's our company policy... not because I have little'ns). Here's to kicking this week in the butt! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you guys! I do my best to respond to all comments! If you have any questions, feel free to send me an e-mail directly to littlehineyhome@gmail.com. :) I look forward to hearing from you!