Monday, April 27, 2015

How to Defunk

Our weekend could not have come at a better time. 
I was in a funk last week.
Work was okay, our week was okay, but everything was just okay.  Nothing felt great!
Our weekend was such a blessing and was much needed.
Too bad I have zero pictures.
 
Friday, I went and got my wisdom tooth stitches out.
My appointment was at 8 and I was done by 7:55, so I decided to stop at Dunkin' on my way.
Work on Friday was okay.  I got home, finished packing, and we set out on our retreat.
We got there at 7ish and decompressed.  We sat around a fire until 10 or so and then went to bed.
 
Saturday morning was cold up in Adams. 
We woke up and ate breakfast.
We then hiked down to the lake for some fishing and canoeing.  I caught a whopping zero fish, but it was fun to just relax for a while.  We had a good, long day with lots of lounging and sunshine. 
The rain held off until about 9:45 Saturday night which was a HUGE blessing.  We expected it all day and only had 30 minutes or so. 
 
Sunday, we got up and had breakfast.  We then had a short devotional and packed up to go home. 
We got home about 2:00; Jackson laid down and started snoring immediately.  He was so tired.
I worked on some laundry, then laid down at about 4 and slept until 5:30. 
 
Note to self: it's okay to rest and relax on your weekends - in fact, it's good for you.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you guys! I do my best to respond to all comments! If you have any questions, feel free to send me an e-mail directly to littlehineyhome@gmail.com. :) I look forward to hearing from you!