Thursday, September 1, 2016

Spilling the Baby Beans

The afternoon that we found out, I FaceTimed my sister to ask her how she would mind sharing a birthday with another small human. She squealed in excitement! That night, Jackson had gone to Opryland Hotel with some of the guys to hunt Pokemon (insert eyeroll here) and told his best man, Byron, and he was super excited! 

The Saturday after we found out, we were at the house of our best friends who had a baby in December. Jackson couldn't hold it in any longer and said "Hey, when y'all are done with all of this baby stuff, save it for us." I had already texted Lou to ask her what doctor she used, so she had a hint, but hadn't said anything to Heath. Heath proceeded with a long "Yeah!!!" and high fives for Jackson. 

The Sunday after we found out, we went to Sunday lunch like we always do with Jackson's family. His Mom, Dad, Brother, and his wife, were all hanging around when Jackson said "Dad, when you pray for our lunch today, say a prayer for our family... all 7 of us." It took a second and then it was followed by lots of happy "We're having a baby!"s from his mom. 

The next Thursday would have been my Mom and Dad's 26th anniversary, so I thought telling her would help her day. We bought pacifiers and I gave her one as a gift. She cried and cried. 

About a month after we found out, I had dinner with my best gals for their birthday. This reaction, we got on film, and it's so great. Excuse the almost profanity from one of them. ;) 


We are waiting until our next appointment to send it to extended families and other acquaintances and friends. Side note: who decided 4 weeks between appointments was okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you guys! I do my best to respond to all comments! If you have any questions, feel free to send me an e-mail directly to littlehineyhome@gmail.com. :) I look forward to hearing from you!