Monday, July 28, 2014

Weekend Recap

I hope you all had a chill weekend. We did, but it had a busy undertone because we were rushing to chill in a thousand places. Here, let me explain.
 
Friday, I told Jackson I didn't feel like cooking, so we went to one of our favorite Nashville spots: Los Tres Amigos.  We ate dinner and then went to see How to Train Your Dragon 2 with Jackson's best man and his girlfriend!!
 
Saturday, I slept in until 10 (oops)! Jackson and I both had busy days planned.  Last week, Jackson, who sits knee first, broke the middle support of our bed. He spent Saturday constructing wooden support beams for the underside of our bed.  We literally have the most comfortable bed in the world now.  My Saturday looked a lot like this:
Saturday night, we went to go to the grocery, I opened the door, and there was a 4 foot snake in front of our door.  I died, literally.  We called the maintenance to come get it and he took forever.
 
Sunday, we got up and went to church. We hurried home to grab our beans and change clothes to head to a Bible class cookout 35 minutes away.  A 35 minute trip took almost an hour because I-65 was closed! Once we got there, we ate lunch, played in the pool, and went to look at her parents' dog's newest litter of puppies. They're Black Lab, Australian Shepherd mixed.  Jackson and I fell in love with this sweet little nugget. We're trying to look at what we've got going on to see if a dog is a good idea. She may just end up being one of those things that doesn't work out on paper but makes sense anyway:
Sunday night, serious storms rolled through Nashville.  We sat on our friends' front porch and watched the lightning flash.  It was a great end to a busy weekend. 

2 comments:

  1. High five - my Saturday was full of cleaning as well!

    And I love the fact that thunderstorms make everything stop for a little bit...

    Did you see my new linkup yet? It's online for the first time today and I would be happy to see your blog linked up as well! http://www.grapefruitprincess.com/search/label/Weekend%20recap

    Have a lovely day!
    xoxo Anni

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you guys! I do my best to respond to all comments! If you have any questions, feel free to send me an e-mail directly to littlehineyhome@gmail.com. :) I look forward to hearing from you!