Sunday, January 1, 2017

New Year's Resolutions 2017

2016 was a roller coaster of a year for us. I started a new job in January, lost my dad in May, found out we were pregnant in July, found out we're having a Boy in November, and got a promotion later in November. Now we're here, at the end of the roller coaster, and I just want off. haha. 

Here's the skeleton I laid out for our year, and here's how we did:

Work through our Love Languages Bible - we didn't even open it this year. We did our own reading, by ourselves, but I'm hoping to work through it this year. 

Build up our savings; pay off our debts - We paid off over $12,000 in debt this year, built a savings that will give me my full leave time off with Remington without worries.  This one, we killed.

Spend one day per month with my Nana - This was impossible with my new job.  I moved from getting off at 4 to getting off at 5 and driving across town in rush hour traffic.  Grief also has changed my Nana into someone completely different, and that's a story for another day.  But it didn't make visits anything other than unbearable. 

Visit someplace we've never been - for our anniversary, we went to Evansville to go to Tropicana. We had a blast

  Find a job that makes me happy - Funny story, it wasn't my first step into the company, it was my promotion that checked this one off. I was miserable in my first position with the company, but this has always been my dream company, and I knew that if I treated it like a stepping stone, I would be fine. I'm now managing leaves of absence and having so much fun.  I enjoy going to work everyday.  

Here's our 2017 skeleton. Well, my skeleton. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you guys! I do my best to respond to all comments! If you have any questions, feel free to send me an e-mail directly to littlehineyhome@gmail.com. :) I look forward to hearing from you!