Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Happy Two Months of Marriage, Darling

I know, I know.
I promised to share my recipe for Honey Garlic Porkchops today.
But I didn't realize what today was!
 
Happy two months of marriage, sweet thing.
 
I have learned so much about myself and my husband in the past two months.
Remember, we started out as googly eyed seventh graders.
 
 
I have learned that some days will fly by, and others will drag, but both kinds of days are great.
Some days will drag because you've been crabby all day and are arguing about little things, while some will drag like the longest drag of your favorite cigar... every second of it is beautiful and worth savoring. Others will fly because you're both so busy with work and church and household needs.
 
I have learned that I can't do it all.  I can't do all of the laundry, cook, do dishes, make the sweet tea, take out the trash, organize the pantry, clean the bathroom, organize the bedroom, and still have time to breathe.  I have learned that it is okay to not be able to do it all, and to tell Jackson I need help.  It's fun doing the dishes together... it's fun doing the laundry together.
 
I have learned that I have deep dark insecurities that come out unexpectedly, and that he has them too.  Together we have learned to talk through them, nurture them, and grow from them. 
 
I have learned that as well as you think you know someone, sharing a home and a life with them will show you that you know nothing about them.  It's wonderful and difficult all at the same time. 
 
What were things you learned as newlyweds that really surprised you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you guys! I do my best to respond to all comments! If you have any questions, feel free to send me an e-mail directly to littlehineyhome@gmail.com. :) I look forward to hearing from you!