Growing Pains
It's crazy to believe that as of this Saturday, Jackson and I have been married for nine whole months!! That's 3/4 of a whole year!
Lately, we have been experiencing some little growing pains. We are learning and growing and finally getting into the swing of things. Our biggest issue, thus far, has been housework. No one likes it (unless you're me), and even if they like it, they don't want to do all of it all the time.
While I was gone over the last two weeks, things got a little out of hand. It really made me realize that I do everything around our home. Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing my husband at all. If anything, it's my "just let me do it" personality that has gotten us here. After an overloaded washing machine (my bad) and some tears of frustration, I realized that it's not that Jackson doesn't want to help... it's that he doesn't know how. He kept saying "I don't know what to do around here to help." Never had it occured to me that he just doesn't know what to look for.
We realized the root of our issue was that we were raised 100% differently. I've been doing my own laundry and cleaning since I was ten or so; Jackson's sweet mama did a lot of the house work.
Does that make either of us wrong? No.
Does that mean there needs to be a happy medium? Yes.
Insert a daily cleaning checklist here.
I realized that if I break down the things that need to be done over the five weekdays, the chores don't require a day of Tasmanian Devil type cleaning. For example, we have a four-section laundry sorter which usually results in five loads of laundry (the first bag has all of my work clothes and our t-shirts and sleep clothes and all, too. This usually makes two loads of laundry... or one... see above reference to overloaded washer). There's no need to do all of the laundry in one day when, essentially, there is a load of laundry per day! It makes it so much easier! Here's my breakdown. I made it more simple on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, because we are usually busier on those days.
How did you conquer this mountain?!
My man works second shift so he's always sleeping/working so I've been trying to do all the house work myself! It's super hard!
ReplyDelete