Why I Stay
Nashville is my home; it is our home.
I lived in the same house from the day my parents brought me home from the hospital until the day I was married. Jackson has always lived in Nashville, too. We can't imagine raising our kids anywhere but Music City, USA.
That's why we stay.
I can drive 30 minutes from home and get you to some of the most perfect moments in my life.
My first kiss was on the stairs of my alma mater. Our first slow dance was in the gym.
My first soccer goal was scored on that soccer field, and that field is where Jackson first asked me to be his girlfriend. I can take you to our lunch spot in those hallways where I made lifelong friendships.
Our first date was to the Opryland Hotel at Christmas to see the lights. We took our prom pictures on the stairs as it flooded, and "our spot" is right where Jackson popped the question. We spent our wedding night overlooking the cascades.
We want to be able to drive past our elementary schools, our middle, and high schools and tell our kids about the wonderful teachers we have. We want to be able to drive to the lakes where we learned to fish, the fields where we shot our first guns, and the homes of friends from years gone by.
We love the culture on Nashville. There is always something to do, something to eat, somewhere to go. It's where we've always been, and it's where we will always be. Years from now when we are in our forever home, we want to be able to drive back to our first little apartment and show our kiddos where we started out.
That is so great that you are able to live in your favorite place! My husband and I have to move two hours away from our parents after getting married because of work, but we visit often and hope to move back to family sometime soon. I love being in a place I have roots in. :)
ReplyDelete