Our Wedding: The Seven Things
While planning my wedding, people kept telling me that there are seven things that go wrong on your wedding day. Whoever thought it was wise to tell a bride that was obviously ready to die. It was true, whether I wanted to deal with the reality or not. Some of the things that went wrong, I didn't find out about until just recently, but sure enough, there were seven things that went wrong on my wedding day.
1. Ours started the day before our wedding. For the rehearsal dinner, I had a beautiful Calvin Klein dress; it was white with a navy blue stripe on it. My sister was putting on her face makeup and it shot out of the pump and onto my dress. I ended up wearing the same dress I wore for our bridal tea.
2. After the ceremony, most of my family left for the reception with everyone else. We planned to take family pictures in the in-between time we had between the ceremony and reception. Our minister forgot to announce that families should exit to the back of the auditorium, so we didn't get pictures with everyone in them.
3. The lighter wouldn't light for my unity candle. I remember Dad coming back to the back of our auditorium and saying "the lighter wouldn't light". I jokingly said "What'd you do? Did you take your cigarette lighter out of your pocket to light it?" He looked at me and said, "Well, yeah!" Watching our wedding video, that was one of the most hilarious parts of our wedding.
4. We forgot the boutonniere for the minister, and I kept Dad's with me. I didn't let anyone know that, so my poor father in law was shafted at first. haha. I felt so bad.
5. During the reception, the boys took my car to Jackson's parents house because we used the truck as a getaway car. Our marriage license was in the car, so our reception lasted much longer than it should have because we had to wait for them to go back and get it.
6. One of my bridesmaids' dresses didn't fit at all. Apparently, there was a crisis a couple of nights before my wedding, she took it the day of my wedding to get it let out, and she took an ungodly amount of laxatives the day of my wedding.
7. Jackson ran out of time and budget to get his groomsmen gifts. Looking back, totally not okay. Did they notice? Not one bit. I love how simple boys are.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love hearing from you guys! I do my best to respond to all comments! If you have any questions, feel free to send me an e-mail directly to littlehineyhome@gmail.com. :) I look forward to hearing from you!