I'm Inn
This year, one of my main prayers has been that God will use my gifts for His glory. Of course, it took some reflection for me to really figure out what my gifts are so that He can use them.
Challenge: Sit down and write down things you're good at
It's so empowering and fulfilling. My list included painting, cooking, embroidery, and a few others. Once I knew what I was good at, I could pray a little more specifically. Lord, please use my cooking to Your glory. Lord, help me use my embroidery and painting to further Your kingdom.
I signed up last Fall to help with Room in the Inn, a church ministry that brings in homeless men and women giving them a place to sleep, a meal, and supplies to shower.
God was working in my life before I ever prayed.
I was asked to work with the sweetest woman (our wedding coordinator) and three of my friends to make baked spaghetti, french bread, salad, and dessert. I was able to use my cooking to further the Kingdom. Not only did we cook for them, we ate with them. We broke bread with our brothers and learned more about them.
It was humbling.
It was a blessing.
It was so fulfilling.
What are you good at? How can you use your gifts to work for something good?!
This is so inspiring. Thank you for sharing! Isn't giving your time/gifts such a rewarding experience?
ReplyDelete