Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Overcommitted

My name is Chrissy, and I don't know how to say "no".
 
Seriously. Last Friday night was the result of feeling burned out.  I have the bad habit of overcommitting on the weekends and getting so busy and tired by Monday, working all week, and being a grouch about overcommitting the weekend to follow.  It is a vicious cycle that usually leads to me sleeping through something important because I'm so tired.
 
For example, last weekend we had the Golden Age Banquet, stayed until 11 to hang with friends on Saturday, church on Sunday, hung until 3:30 at Jackson's parents' house, back to hang with friends until 11. We are both working all week and I have Friday off (Thank goodness). But next weekend we have the Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday, a VBS Planning meeting after that, and I'm sure we'll stay to hang out. We will have Easter service on Sunday, it's Jackson's Dad's birthday, and (as bad as it may be) I'm hoping everyone else has family stuff so we can have a night to rest on Sunday.
 
I get so tired that I start to dread the things I've committed to, even if they're fun things.
  
 How do you overcome not being able to say no?  How do you balance everyday life, resting, and not becoming overwhelmed?

2 comments:

  1. This is something I used to, and still do, struggle with. I'm a people pleaser at heart and love to help people and feel bad saying no. However, I've gotten better. This year were inanely busy with weddings but I know it's getting us closer to being out of debt, so I justify it!! But I can't wait for next year. We'll see what happens! Sometimes you just have to learn that saying NO is healthy for you :) and your marriage. We've all gotta take time to slow down and enjoy down time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My life. I can't say no to save my life.

    My husband just got orders, I need to be purging my house but instead we're volunteering, catching up, grocery shopping, and spending all weekend with friends.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you guys! I do my best to respond to all comments! If you have any questions, feel free to send me an e-mail directly to littlehineyhome@gmail.com. :) I look forward to hearing from you!