Tuesday, March 10, 2015

The Dilemma

When I started blogging, it was to document daily life, to get my thoughts out somewhere, and to be able to look back and see how much I've grown. I had a blog during college that.. looking back... I'm embarrassed. Honestly. It's really funny to read back about what life was then.  I met a lot of great women through that blog, and it grew into something more than my personal space. It grew into a place where I could share life.  

When I got married, I felt disconnected from that person. I was no longer that collegiate, engaged, silly girl that stressed about Pretty Little Liars. Okay the last part is still true. 

I started meeting some of the same people, and branched out and met some wonderful new women! 

This little space of the internet has grown much slower than the last, and I realized I am in a dilemma.  Do I want to put myself out there enough that my everyday real-life people may possibly find me here and see the deep insides of life? Or do I want to keep it small and private and limit things like linking up to keep possibility of being found to a minimum? 

How did you decide how to expose your blog? How did you shake the fear of being found by people in your everyday life?!

2 comments:

  1. This is always something I think a ton of bloggers struggle with. I personally think that there are CERTAIN things (family issues, etc) that I don't need to share on the blog...but if there's something on my heart id really like to share, I know that I can. I find that for the most part, MOST of my life goes on the blog...and I like it that way. But like I said, some things don't need to be shared. I don't know if that helps, but it's how I operate! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is why I have vanished from blogging. I just don't know that I enjoy it enough to let everyone in my every day life know about it.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you guys! I do my best to respond to all comments! If you have any questions, feel free to send me an e-mail directly to littlehineyhome@gmail.com. :) I look forward to hearing from you!