How to Know When it's Time to Go
Friday is my last day at my job. It's been my everyday grind for 2.5 years and I'm done. I love my work and I love the people I work with, but that's about it. If you've been around these parts for a bit, you know that I've had a bunch of interviews that were dead ends until this one. I accepted a position at Dollar General's corporate office.
After being given the offer, I had my doubts and my fears about taking the leap to the next step of my career. I went to submit my resignation and my boss was less than understanding. In fact, it did not go well at all and I was dumbfounded by how unprofessionally it ended. Needless to say, I knew I made the right decision.
That didn't discount my terrible feelings about leaving my first grown up degree related job, leaving the people who had invested in me professionally and personally, and those I grew to love seeing in the hallways (even if it was a "oh so you're actually working today?").
I knew it was time to leave when I...
...woke up dreading work, certain people, and my environment.
...was negative Nancy 24/7 because of those around me.
...took on the mouth of a sailor
...was losing hair because of the stress
...was having to make my own executive decisions because bosses weren't accessible and getting in trouble for it.
... figured out there were no moves I could make in my personal life because of how poorly I was paid.
... was being undermined and talked down to almost daily
... could no longer see myself here long term
I'm going to miss a lot of this job, and a lot of it I won't miss. I'd appreciate prayers, too, as I make this leap! :)
Cheers to a new start and a new beginning!! :)
ReplyDelete