Friday, January 22, 2016

How to Win Over the Office Folk:

I started my new job this week and am already off for a snow day. I'm already loving working for a big corporate office! One of the scariest parts of starting a new job is worrying whether or not you'll get along with all of the people that are already there! I think I've found the key, though, and having the cutest cubicle first thing isn't on the list:


1. Buy their kids' fundraiser stuff! This week I have bought girl scout cookies and kettle corn, but hey! Everyone likes the yes man.

2. Come in early, even when there is ice on the interstates and slush everywhere else. 

3. Accept all invites to lunches and order what they order. See number 1 about the yes man nonsense. 
4. Take notes. Pretend like you're learning and retaining everything. Even if it's overwhelming and you can't retain anything, pretend! 
 
5. Be likeable. Sounds easy, right? Not when you're nervous.  If you're not normally likeable or personable when you're nervous, fake it because everyone loves someone sweet and peppy. 

2 comments:

  1. Girl, order whatever you want! They will love you!!!! ;) but you're totally right...starting a new job can be so intimidating! I'm thankful you're loving it so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the job! I am with Kayla about ordering your favorites but I agree with accepting invitations to lunch! Jess at Just Jess

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you guys! I do my best to respond to all comments! If you have any questions, feel free to send me an e-mail directly to littlehineyhome@gmail.com. :) I look forward to hearing from you!