Friday, August 29, 2014

Friday!

Happy Friday!! I don't have five great things to share about my week, so this week, we'll be doing five things about my husband that I love.  I promise not to be too mushy gushy. Most of these will probably end up having little to do with him, so Happy More-Random-Than-Husband Friday
 
1.
 I love what a simple man he is.  He doesn't need or ask for extravagant things or elaborate gifts. He doesn't ask for a big weekend vacation, rather, to go shooting guns on Monday for the holiday.  He is more than satisfied with a day of snuggling and a special dinner for his birthday.  He is 100% okay with Hamburger Helper when I'm tired, and rants about how wonderful it is. 
 
2.
An evening is an evening well spent if we have dinner, a good show/movie on TV, maybe an hour of dying laughing at some of our kids from church because we found their Vine channel (the one below made me die laughing... and crying...I couldn't figure out why. go watch her stuff), maybe some football (Seriously Titans and Vandy, neither of you could pull it together?!?) and good sleep.  This week, Jackson has been letting me sleep for a while when I fall asleep on the sofa because he knows I've been exhausted lately.  


3.
He lets me order cards like these (no worries, they were free this week) and sign his name to them.  He never has any idea what they say (well, sometimes) so when people come to thank him, he nods and smiles a lot. It's really funny to watch. 
 
4.
(Mush&Gush alert!) I love his selflessness.  Wednesday, I was feeling a little awful and I fell asleep at 8 on the sofa.  Not only did he not bother me, but he ran the dishwasher and put up dinner and his laundry.  Can we just talk about how awesome that feels for a second? When you wake up at 12:35AM to go to bed and hear the dishwasher running, you just want to kiss your husband. However, the bed is calling your name, so you stumble into the bedroom and mumble a Thank You when he gets into bed.
 
5.
 He has always been my biggest fan.  I found pictures like this yesterday from my Time Hop that said 7 years ago!(If you don't have that app, you need it!). It reminded me that for the last 10 years, he has been my cheerleader, without fail.  When I need it the most, he is there to tell me how wonderful I am and that I can do anything I set my mind to. 
 
 How were your weeks?!
Linking up with Karli and Amy and Lauren

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet hubby!!! He's a keeper! enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you guys! I do my best to respond to all comments! If you have any questions, feel free to send me an e-mail directly to littlehineyhome@gmail.com. :) I look forward to hearing from you!