Summer Checklist
At the beginning of July, I wrote a post about goals I had for this summer. Our first summer as a married couple flew. We were so busy and our summer was full of sharing life with friends and family. Let's see how we did with the checklist.
Do my bridal portraits
Hey! Our photographer is working on location scouting this week! I deserve to cross that off for the effort I put into it! Hopefully we will actually do them this fall!
Add a planter box to our deck
This one didn't really get crossed off, but I did change my mind. I bought two beautiful planters to put on our balcony to plant some fall flowers.
Spend a whole Saturday at the pool
This one didn't really get crossed off either. Being the pasty babies we are, whole days at the pool were a bad call anyway. We went for a whole bunch of evening swims, so it's kinda the same.
Put the phones down
We're still not 100% at the point where we can put phones down the second we get home and not touch them, but we're at 55%. Clash of Clans is no longer a source of clashing in our home. Thank goodness.
Go camping
It was way too daggum hot
Spend smarter and say no
We have started spending smarter. On every payday, we take what we have in the "play money" budget and put it into a "splurge" savings for things like hunting supplies and new boots. That way it doesn't hurt our daily spending or our savings.
Spend time outside
Again, I say, it was way too daggum hot.
Declutter
for every one box we clear out, I feel like five more appear
Read and pray more together
there is not an excuse to justify not crossing this one off the list, so we'll just hope to try better this fall.
How did your summer checklists come along!? Did you get everything accomplished that you wanted to? What are your goals for Fall?!
Caleb and I would really like to get better about doing our devotionals and praying together more. It's so important and there really are no excuses! Good job!
ReplyDelete