Monday, September 8, 2014

Weekend Update!

Our weekend was one that I was 100% invested in! I was able to take it all in, enjoy every second, and rest up completely. 
I hope your weekend was much the same!
 
Friday afternoon, I went to Dad's, where we suffered the loss of one of the stray kittens.  We think he had pneumonia after one of the storms last week.  As awful as it was for me, I am glad he died in loving human hands.  I cried most of the night because of how traumatizing it was for me.  I don't care how old you are, you're never prepared for that kind of pain. 
 
Friday night, I didn't feel like cooking at all, so we went to eat Mexican food and grocery shop.  We came home, watched some football, and turned in early.
 
Saturday was my sweet husband's birthday.  We got up at 10, ate cinnamon rolls for breakfast, and vegged out all day.  After opening some money-filled birthday cards, went to Academy Sports and bought Jackson his shotgun that we've been saving for!
 
We came home, got all dressed up, and went to the cheesecake factory for his birthday dinner. Thank goodness for giftcards!! Jackson got the orange chicken, and I had the BBQ Ranch chicken salad.  So. much. food!!  
 
Sunday, we had birthday lunch with Jackson's parents and watched football all day. Oh, not to mention the visit to the urgent care clinic for what I thought was a spider bite.  Turns out, you can have allergic reactions to a mosquito?! #mylife
 
I hope you all had wonderful weekends!! I can't wait to read about them!!
 

2 comments:

  1. OMG that picture of your hubby with his gun made me laugh out loud. Pretty sure that's exactly what mine would do! Sorry about the mosquito bite! Who knew! Hope it's feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Jackson (super belated, I know)

    and I am glad you're okay. Mosquitoes are like spiders but with wings ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you guys! I do my best to respond to all comments! If you have any questions, feel free to send me an e-mail directly to littlehineyhome@gmail.com. :) I look forward to hearing from you!