Thursday, November 20, 2014

Top Five Married People Dates

Being a busy married couple, it's so hard to carve out time to date each other.  Either we are really busy or really tired, or broke as a joke. 
We have definitely learned the importance here lately, though, and have realized that it doesn't have to cost us the big bucks! Our most fun dates have cost us less than $20!
 
Here are some of our favorites:
 
Quarter Bowl
Check your local bowling alleys for their cheap nights! Our bowling alley does a night where each game is a quarter, and shoe rental is half off.  We usually bring snacks so we don't have to buy them there! Bowling is seriously hilarious fun!
 
3 "Box" Date Night
On these nights, dinner comes from a box (hamburger helper, pizza, etc.), and we go to the Redbox for a movie! We put our phones in a box to keep distraction away! Simple and easy! One you could add, that we have added a time or two, is to pull out your "box" of sentiments.  We have a massive shoebox full of trinkets and love notes and significant items. We like to go through them and read or laugh!
 
Fort Night
No, I know, that means two weeks.  It's not a two week date.  It's literally a night to build a fort (with an opening to watch TV) and eat ice cream for dinner.
 
50 Questions
Find one of those "50 things you should ask your spouse" list and print off the questions.  Cut and fold them and put them in a bowl.  You'll be surprised how many hours of great conversation this brings about!!
 
Operation Drive Through
This one occurred on accident, but has been one of my favorites that we may do more often.  Last weekend we did wedding pictures (ten months later) and were starving afterward.  We went to the McDonald's drive through and got squaks and screams from all of the drive through girls! This may be a fun Saturday date.
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Caleb and I used to go bowling ALL the time and it's seriously been forever since weve done it. You've inspired me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your ideas! I always forget how fun bowling is. I need to look into the bowling alleys around here and see if any of them offer deals!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you guys! I do my best to respond to all comments! If you have any questions, feel free to send me an e-mail directly to littlehineyhome@gmail.com. :) I look forward to hearing from you!