Thursday, June 12, 2014

The Best Days

 
A favorite teacher of my class retired last week, and when we were all up at the school we saw this hanging.
You know you're old when this is hanging in the high school.
(and when you're logging into your myspace because thats where you uploaded these pictures...)

 
How quickly four years has passed.
I've graduated high school, graduated college, scored a full-time job, and a husband all in four years. Holy smokes!
 
 
I had the best girlfriends a girl could want, I had the best boyfriend who would later become my husband, and everyone (well... mostly everyone...) liked everyone in our class. Not to mention I was bangin'! Our class was made up of 163 people, and we were all as close as we could be. There are days I would really go back in a heartbeat just to live one more day in that school with those people. We (most of us) did seventh through twelfth grades together.  From age twelve to eighteen, we were all eachother had.
 
 
We were ranked in the top 5 schools in the state of Tennessee, the top 25 schools in the nation, and everyone graduated with Honors because they didn't offer any classes that were non-Honors classes(unless you royally screwed up... and that was hard to do.)
 
I pray often for my children to have the high-school experience that I had.  Even the year I wasn't dating Jackson was an incredible year (not as incredible as the other three honey, I promise). 
 
Dad always used to tell me that after high school we wouldn't be the same... we would all go to different schools... we would grow apart... we would change and lose touch.  I cried and cried at graduation because I spent all of my year denying that it would happen and suddenly I realized that it was inevitable.
 
I have five of my same friends from high school. I married one (Yes, Jackson is the ham in the picture above), still talk to one of them almost daily (the brunette on the left of the pictures), lived with one in college and had her as a bridesmaid in my wedding, and still occasionally talk to the other two.
 
"I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
- Stand By Me
 
Oh, how true this statement is.  I met three of the most amazing women in college and they're my best friends, too, now. But the friendships that evolve when you're at such a vulnerable, unstable, crazy age are ones that are usually the unconditionally loving friendships, and I'm so glad to have a handful of mine still.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you guys! I do my best to respond to all comments! If you have any questions, feel free to send me an e-mail directly to littlehineyhome@gmail.com. :) I look forward to hearing from you!